Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just an update.

      Nothing more has really happened on the house. The siders are still trying to finish the front porch. They were sick this week so the job has been a little delayed. The excavator Frank will be there on Monday morning to start the back fill and trenching our utilities down the driveway from the street. We are also going to be renting heaters next week to dry out the interior of the house. So, there may not be any posts on here until that whole process is done and the sheet rocking has begun.
      My major job right now is picking out our paint colors. It's much harder than I thought it would be. But so far we have decided on a light grey for all of the downstairs, stairway and upstairs hall. The girls rooms will be different shades of pink. I still haven't decided on the master bedroom though.
      Yesterday we went to Home Depot and we found a very nice tile back splash for our kitchen, I bought one square foot so I could bring it to the house today and it looked great. It has some stainless steel pieces in it that will go well with our appliances. We have also decided that we are going to get granite counter tops. We are probably going to go with some kind of black. The kind I like so far is called Galaxy.
 Black Galaxy Granite.
 The backsplash. :)
 I love the way the siding on the front of the house looks! It will be awesome when it's painted. And no, the house is not crooked, the easement is that I was standing on.
Still a little left to finish the porch.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kasey,

    My name is greg and I am thinking of using adair to build instead of buying a home. Our max budget is 150k including a lot, is this realistic? My level of construction experience is about 2 summers in my teens. I am decent with finish work. Would you suggest we go with adair or hold out for a decent deal on a foreclosure or fixer?
    How has the experience been for you?

    Thanks,
    Greg
    johnsonporcelain@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greg,

    It all depends on if you can find a good deal on a lot. In my experience finding a bank owned lot is the best, because they want to get rid of them quick. So, it's easier to make a deal. Start looking for land. We bought ours in an area that wasn't exactly where we wanted to be but it is still a nice area. As far as how much Adair costs, I suggest you call your local branch and get a quote. The prices are slightly different depending on the build area. I know they have some small plans that start in the upper $50,000 area, and go up from there. You can definitely keep the price down if you don't add on extras like HVAC and other upgrades and stick to the classic series.
    Ultimately, you should sit down with Adair and they will go over the estimate of your build. Adair financial is also really helpful with getting a construction loan!
    My experience has been good so far. Adair is really responsive to our questions and concerns. And our house is really nice so far!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete