Sunday, December 30, 2012

Framing part 4

Kevin and I headed out to the 'house' today to do some cleaning up.  We were happy to see the trusses installed and the front porch/gable as well.  The house seems so big now that there is a semi roof up!
Kevin spent a lot of time picking up the scrap lumber and loading up the truck, and I swept out the sawdust and water from the house.  The sun was shining today and it was semi warm, so the downstairs floor was drying out where the sun was hitting it.  Which is a relief since it has been drenched in water from the get go!  Next up they should be putting the plywood up on the roof then getting ready to install the shingles I believe.  The windows have already arrived so I hope the house gets weather proof quick so it can start drying out.
Here's a few pics from today:


 Side of the garage. This wall is huge!
 Back of the house. I couldn't walk out further because of all the mud.
 The master bedroom, with vaulted ceiling. I  thought the ceiling would be higher. It's hard to tell from the blueprints I guess.

 
Hallway.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! They have done a LOT in the last few weeks. It is looking great, and I love the shower and tub. I have a "laundry room" but really its just right after you come in from the garage and part of the hallway. Better than having them in the garage, but I think it is great you are having a laundry room put in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they are moving fast! I love the laundry room, it's upstairs so I won't have to haul the clothes basket up and down stairs and it has a window so I can have sunshine in there. :)

    ReplyDelete